Monday, September 20, 2010

McIcey + McCreamy= McIceCreamy

 Yep, it’s McIceCreamy. What is it with ice cream and why the heck am I talking about it? Look, I’m sorry if I’m getting you hungry, but I happen to like ice cream you know and I hope you like it too. See, ice cream comes in thousands of flavors and one of the weirdest flavors I’ve heard of is… Horse Flesh ice cream. “Really?” you say. Well, yes. There really is horse flesh ice cream. Just by the sound of raw horse flesh flavored ice cream makes me quite nauseous. Ice cream shouldn’t be wasted with horse flesh or whales or octopi or tuna. Ice cream should have nutty or creamy or non-meaty flavors. These nutty, creamy or non-meaty ice cream flavors are what I’ll be blogging about so don’t you worry.
                 What is ice cream really? Ice cream is something frozen that is quite sweet when fruity but would probably not be like that if there is a bucket of horse flesh ice cream waiting to be tasted and eaten.

                Ice cream. We eat it, we let it float on our sodas, we put it in our mouth and try to withstand its very cold temperature, we love the little nuts that come with it, we sometimes even add cherries and bananas on top. What is it with ice cream? Why is it so fun to eat? Why is it so yummy (The nutty, creamy or non-meaty flavored ice cream is what I’m talking about)? We love it so much because it can be as simple or as complicated as we want it to be. It can simply be some strawberry ice cream with no bits, no sprinkles, or it can be a complicated dish of… Triple Chocolate Terrine with Raspberry Coulis. It’s your mood that helps you pick one of the many thousands of flavors there are. Whether you get a simple vanilla ice cream cause you’re feeling a bit plain, or you’re getting a chewy, crunchy, and mallowee rocky road ice cream, you will still enjoy these freakishly delicious ice creams and their freakishly tasty flavors. They have their way in making a person happier by the bite or suck or whatever you call the way you eat your ice cream (sometimes, you sip if the ice cream's already melted). These ice creams are there when you’re sad, when you’re with your friends, when you’re with your significant other, when you're sharing your pieces of information with each other, when you don't know what to eat, when you know what to eat but you don't eat it because you like ice cream more, or just when you came from a fight with your best friend or neighbor.  Ice cream seems to be the type of snack you would want (and I’m not saying that I‘ll be eating it during my snack time) to have when it’s hot or when it’s boring or sad. Ice cream’s there to let you eat it and then feel a bit better. 
With the many flavors of ice cream available all around. There is also that one flavor, that one special flavor, that for you, it’s the one you want the one flavor you think that best suits you and it’s the one that you will keep on seeking and craving for after you eat it. Every one of us has it. Every single one has a favorite ice cream flavor.

My favorite ice cream flavor is probably Black Forest, mainly because I really like that Oreo taste with the addition of cherries. Sometimes I even like experimenting and start making my very own Cherry and Banana ice cream which I’d name Hubaba ice cream if I had the chance to recreate it again.

So, how about you? What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

I hope this poem will help you answer my question,


A nut and a berry for you
Put it in some ice cream, don’t worry no one will sue
If you want it, go and eat it
Also go add a wafer and add a choco-bit
Choose Strawberry, melon, maybe mango or milk
Don’t forget to wipe your mouth with a napkin that’s silk
Try some syrup or some caramel to go
If you wanted to, you could just say so
Remember to try some marshmallows too
But don’t try to put in some of the glue
Don’t forget the Cherry and the Banana
Like my blog whose name is also Hubaba





 Here are the links of the images I used:










Creative Commons License
Hubaba, Cherries and Bananas, a blog by Andrea Mae G. Sanchez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment