Friday, September 17, 2010

Huba-Che-Ba- What?

You’re probably wondering about my blog name. What exactly is Hubaba? Hubaba was actually made up by me and I derived it from the expression Huba-huba that is said if someone just had fun… “activities,” so I came up with Hubaba and for me, it doesn’t mean having fun “activities,” it means enjoying what I have.  
While I was creating my account for this blog, I was thinking a lot about the cherries and bananas I had left in the fridge and those two fruits were the ONLY fruits I had at that time so I guess that explains the Cherries and Bananas part. Before we go further let me emphasize the fact that we are talking about fruits and not any other thing/s.
To make you understand my blog’s name more, let me rephrase it. My blog’s name is “Enjoying what I have and what I have are Cherries and Bananas.” Well, Enjoying what I have and what I have are Cherries and Bananas seems to be a very long, LONG blog name, so this brings us back to Hubaba which makes things quite easier for me to type and for you to read.

Me? I’m just your typical social networking, music listening, game playing girl and, I’m sorry to disappoint you if you if ever you will be, I am a Filipino. I like making poems ( the ones made up of easy rhymes not the Shakespeare- William Wordsworth types) and I’d really like to make amazing blogs like those people out there… whose blogs are featured in other sites. Looks like you’ll be expecting a lot from me but what I’ll be blogging about would mainly be my opinion on songs, artists or musical groups, some government or national issues, some things about food, and/or some things that I would need to make a blog on due to some external reason.

So… that’s me and my blog. I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope you’ll be looking forward to read more of my posts.
To thank you, I made you a poem and it goes:
You, the young, old, or mature enough viewer,
My blog needs you.
I hope it won’t stink as bad as a sewer.
That, my dear viewer, won’t have to do.
If there’s anything that your brain would think
I’d like it to be a good one,
So go get yourself a drink
                And remember to always have fun.

Creative Commons License
Hubaba, Cherries and Bananas, a blog by Andrea Mae G. Sanchez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment