Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!!!


Okay here’s the thing… I disappeared from the blogging world ever since we started to create our official entry for this year’s Cyberfair competition. So now as you’re reading this blog post I hope you’re getting a clearer idea of why I suddenly stopped with my weekly posts (if ever you cared anyway), but, hey, now I'm back, alive and kicking (or in this case typing) for you’re reading pleasure :D


So I wanna share my ULTIMATE CYBERFAIR EXPERIENCE with you. It all started when our teacher, Mr. Vincent Tabor, asked us if we wanted to join (and we said we did). After that, we started to learn more about developing better websites. It seemed that what we were currently learning was inefficient so I had to do advanced learning on web development stuff like CSS.








Before we started to create our website, we had to gather data to put into our website. So first we headed to the Baguio Botanical Garden to take pictures and we got some pretty nice photos of the place (specially because the camera was an SLR camera). We even attempted to conduct an interview but that didn’t come out to be as successful as we planned because, unfortunately, the people we needed to interview were working in the City Hall, where they have their own office but don’t seem to want to stay in the place because, I’m sure, maybe of boredom??? This was the most unforgettable experience I had for the duration of our project making.


I really don’t understand why the government employees aren't in their offices (especially when you need them for a quick interview). The person we were trying to interview seemed to be busy all the time so we were passed on to a different person who we could interview instead; only problem is, this guy we were passed on to for interviewing was busy too. I hated that there was so many information we could get for this interview but we weren’t able to get it. Lucky for us, the Internet has information with regards to our topic but we’d really need to search harder than usual so we could find the right information and we did find it.

After gathering all the data, we were able to create our website structure. Then we continued studying CSS where we got a good grasp of the idea of CSS, designing the website. After designing our website, I thought, “it’s so plain!!!” So I forced myself to study Flash so I could add slideshows and photo galleries and, although it was hard and extremely complicated, I eventually got the hang of it.










If you add up all of what you’ve read, you’d get the finished product of our project, The Garden Up North (which, by the way, is our official Cyberfair entry). I won’t forget to mention that apart from finishing the cyberfair entry, I also learned so many things like remembering to save everything before turning off the computer (so as not to avoid having to repeat something because it was not saved, like what happened to me a lot), setting an appointment for an interview really, really early, asking for permission, bringing a tripod when shooting a video, bringing a microphone when shooting a video with my low class camera, looking at the camera lens when trying to say something to the audience, urinating before starting to work to avoid having to stop working just to pee, organizing files on a usb, remembering to change the RSL publish settings in Adobe flash so that it’s merged into the code, but the most important thing I’ve learned is that teamwork carries you a long way and in my case our teamwork got us to finishing an above average, very satisfactory, and excellent website, that is www.gardenupnorth.info.






A post for the blog Hubaba Cherries and Bananas
By: Andrea Sanchez


Image links:
http://stephen60.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/disappear.png
http://library.taiwanschoolnet.org/gsh2009/gsh5669/CyberFair.jpg
http://www.infohub.ph/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/botanical-garden.jpg
http://theloonyrunner.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/12302008843.jpg
http://www.webmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Flash-logobig.png
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rma/lowres/rman511l.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2289/2137737248_e9f3e429d1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment