Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home? Which Home?

My School :D
I spend almost 10 hours every day for 5 days in a week (that makes, more or less, 250 hours a month for 9 months every year) in the same building, same room. This year I am now studying in a classroom called 3 Mapagpakumbaba containing 19 students. I have 11 teachers; each having a subject to teach us and every day we have 2 breaks (one for recess [20 minutes] and one for lunch [an hour]). The 30 people I meet every day were the ones I met the day before today and the day before that. So if you think, “Hmm, I’m thinking that you’re talking about your home, with students and teachers and subjects” you’d be so wrong.

You’re probably wondering why the heck I’m doing all this Math here. You’re probably not minding my blog title and still wondering why I’m doing my Math. Well, I’m doing my Math because I’m trying to give you a better understanding on the school I am currently studying in. My school, Saint Louis University Laboratory High School, is where I study, where I learn.

School, school, school. It’s always that and sometimes, almost always, we just wish that it would be vacation already; however, with all the hours we spend every day with our classmates and teachers, we can’t help but find more reasons to go to school aside from just to get a good education. In time, we get closer to everybody, we form bonds and links that – after time passes – will be harder to break. We are relational beings who, in a way, easily connect with our fellow beings. School’s where we find friends and new family, aside from the one we already have at home.

In school, we get to discover things. Especially in this school, there are many great things that are learned and are put into our minds that would eventually stay in our heart for the rest of our short lives. We find lots of reasons for getting out of bed and taking a cold shower and eat cold food and everything else that’s cold and those reasons aren’t just about learning things. We can call our school our other home.

When I was young, I was always taught that a home is a house but is different from a house because there are people living in it that love each other. To be more technical let’s take a definition from the internet. A home according to thefreedictionary.com (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/home), a home is a dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it. A school is a place where we dwell with social units occupying a room called a classroom, so technically a school is a home.

I consider my school as my other home because right now in my current stage of development, I hate being alone, I don’t want to be left out I need my classmates and teachers to show me the way, and by way I mean the right way of course. My current teachers and classmates now are the BEST that I have had during all the 10 years I’ve already been spending in going to school and having my education, so far, so that makes my life in this school a life in a home.



Let me now bring to you another short poem about my blog post.
My home not house, my school
Some people don’t think it’s cool
Sometimes this makes progress fast as a mule
Everywhere they imply a rule
To be followed and taken seriously
Or else we’ll start to think deliriously

This education we have is a true and useful gift
And might just be the big shift
Form a bad future to a good one
Just like going out from darkness and finally seeing the sun


No comments:

Post a Comment